Improvements & Fixes
New Features. Overview Video
- A project summary is now shown in the calculate check list so the user can verify that scaling and altitude ranges look right prior to calculation.
- Holding the P key down whilst moving a point maintains the plane of a surface if it is planar to start with.
- PDF reading improvements.
- Improved the speed of pdf reading when the pdf contains unstructured font mappings.
- Improved mapping of fonts and font sizes.
- Mapping of hidden text accounted for.
- Image warning message has been modified to indicate if he PDF only contains and image or a mixture of images and vector data.
- Improved speed of processing with image sorting when many image based pdf plans are in the project.
- Improved dashed curve transmuting
- The dashed line transmuting algorithm has been improved to work on a wider range of dashed line situations.
- Transmuting in general has been improved to reduce the chances of transmuting duplicates by accident.
- DWG file export has been improved to export composite lines instead of individual segments of the line.
- Heat-maps now project into 3D using the depth of the cut or fill as the altitude.
- When fonts are scaled in the monitor settings clicking on the curve editing indicators caused Windows to incorrectly tell MudShark to automatically resize to a smaller window.
- Boundary curve editing sometimes incorrectly reported that it was unable to form a surface mesh.
- Measurement and Trench results not always refreshing in the results grid when changed or modified until a refresh was forced.
- Undo when merge areas have been used crashed sometimes.
- Trench option to “extend to structure” not always visible in the gui.
- Adding points to curves sometimes caused an exception.
IMPORTANT: If you are out of software assurance and not using MudShark 8, ensure you contact our Support Team before upgrading.
If you are using MudShark 8 already, you can download and use the latest update here: